January 27, 2013

Toddler

I've never been a fan of overalls, but overalls in the form of a dress is something I can work with. I've had this overalls dress for two years now, but I don't wear it very often because I find it hard not to look like a toddler in it. It doesn't help that I'm also wearing a cutesy peter pan collar blouse underneath, but I really liked how the burgundy color and 3/4 sleeves paired with the light blue chambray material of the dress. To toughen up this otherwise cutesy outfit, I added a pair of black combat boots. I'm quite pleased with the results!
This weekend has been a good one so far. Yesterday, Victor and I checked out a new place to eat/drink in our area called Blacksmith. It's mostly a coffee/tea place, but they have a very small food menu that is delicious! I'm not much of a coffee drinker. I love the smell of coffee and it tastes good, but I usually go for hot tea or hot chocolate. So if you live in Houston, you should check that place out!

The weather has been peeerfect this weekend, so after lunch we decided to take a long drive, with the top down and the wind blowing my hair in all directions, all the way to the Sam Houston National Forest. It was about an hour drive away from the city, but it was worth it. It was so pretty out there! Tons of greenery, curvy side roads, and we even saw an entire family riding horseback!

To end the night, I drove out to The Woodlands for my friend Suzie's birthday dinner. We ate at a sushi place then took a stroll through the Waterway, and ended the night with red velvet cake. My favorite!

Outfit details:
Top: Marshalls
Dress: Urban Outfitters 
Tights: Target
Boots: Charlotte Russe (something similar)

3 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, just the perfect touch of edge to an adorable outfit. I wish I had an overall dress of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this! I think with overall's, it's all about how you wear it and you are wearin it well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this!! That collar, those boots... And I totally want some cute overalls now! I love your style. :)

    ReplyDelete