August 9, 2012

Murals and bugs

Note to self: mint jeans photograph white. I almost never wear pants unless they are leggings under a dress but I make exceptions for anything mint green. It is an added bonus that these jeans happen to be the best fitting jeans I own. I am only 5'2" so I find it challenging to find a pair of jeans that fit well and that I don't have to hem or fold up. I have finally found the secret to finding pants that are the perfect length. Are you ready to get in on this big secret? The secret to finding pants that are the perfect length is to buy ankle pants! These jeans were labeled "ankle jeans" but they turned out to be perfect length for a shorty like me. 

I had been eyeing this top on eBay for a while but I'm always hesitant to order clothes online in case it doesn't fit as expected. After seeing how amazing this top looked on Kaylah from The Dainty Squid I knew I had to have it! I am a sucker for anything with a peter pan collar and I  just adore the bug print. The only downfall of this blouse is that it buttons down the back. At first I thought I was just putting it on backwards but I wasn't. I really does button down the back making it tricky get on but it's worth it!

In case you were wondering, this is the same location from this post. I drove by last week and noticed a new mural was painted. I just knew I had to take pictures there again. It is a collaborative mural by local artists here in Houston. The piece I was most drawn to was the painting of a blonde girl with a fox. It is very reminiscent of Roy Lichtenstein's comic book style which I love. This makes me want to photographs of more street art!

Outfit details:
Top: eBay
Jeans: Target
Bag: Target
Sandals: Urban Outfitters
Sunglasses: Buffalo Exchange
Watch: Swatch

12 comments:

  1. Cute outfit!
    My favorite part is definitely the glasses though!!

    xo
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of that top, I've seen it on Kaylah and Kitty and I want it so badly but well, I can't find it anywhere :( But you look great nevertheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just love your bug shirt, the print is really unusual and interesting and all the colours work so well together!

    MADAM PATTY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we got street art like that here, it is amazing!

    http://mushrooms-at-dawn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin' cute!


    xomando
    www.mandatorycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this location!! Your outfit and hair look gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your shirt ! it's so wonderful + background is just amazing !
    would you like to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit! The location are amazing:) If you want go to my blog:)
    http://asunshineoffashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your style! That top is so quirky :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome look! Love the wall!
    Thanks for visiting my blog, love yours too!

    xoxo
    Veronica

    www.chicallover.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this mural. I wish we had something like that in this town. Also, love everything else about your outfit! I was hoping you'd comment on my blog again. I absolutely love your style, but I forgot them name of your blog!

    I have this top. It's a little too small for me which is a bummer though. That always happens to me. I hope I can one day wear it! I have a hard time finding pants too, so I love the ones I find and usually they are ankle cut too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I can still tell they are mint colored! Love em :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete