May 30, 2012

Lawndale Art Center

This is my last week of summer before I start summer school this coming Monday. I will only be taking one class but it starts at 8:00am which means I won't get to stay up late or sleep in. Good thing it is only a 5 week class! One of my friends who is in nursing school goes back to school tomorrow so we made it a point to spend the whole day yesterday hanging out and enjoying our free time before going back to the stress of deadlines, studying, tests, and projects.
These pictures were taken at the Lawndale Art Center and this awesome mural is painted on the side of their building. I thought the colorful background would compliment my plain black dress. Speaking of this dress, I absolutely love it! I first saw this dress on the asos website back in Fall but I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on it. The contrasting floating collar is definitely what attracted me to this dress. It is unique and I have never seen anything like it! Weeeell, I was recently browsing their sale section and saw that it was on sale for 60% off! At that moment, the stars aligned and I just knew me and this dress were meant to be. It pays to wait! They were out of stock in my size and I had to size up one size, but it didn't matter because the price was right and I had to get my hands on this beauty. As I suspected, it was too big for me and it fit very loosely around the chest area. Luckily, my basic sewing skills came to good use because I took in the sides just a tad and now it fits more like my actual size would. I'd like to take in the sides even more but it has a side zipper on it and I don't know how to fix those. Regardless, I am very happy with my purchase and plan on styling this little number in other ways! Find any good sales lately?
I have been wearing these leopard applique flats a lot lately. They are not the best quality shoes  but I am a sucker for unique, non-trendy clothing items that cannot be found anywhere else. I normally don't buy things at full price from Urban Outfitters, but these babies were worth every penny!

P.S. SIDE PONYTAILS 4 LYFE
Outfit details:
Cooperative Applique Flat: Urban Outfitters
Sunglasses: eBay
Purse: Forever21

7 comments:

  1. That dress is fabulous, and so are those shoes, and the sunglasses and the background and your hair! (That was my thought process scrolling down! Haha!) Seriously, I love everything about this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, new reader Thanks to Kaylah over a The Dainty Squid.

    I also live in Texas!

    I LOVE that dress, how simple and amazing! It seems like a pretty easy DIY as well!

    Looking forward to following your sweet blog

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous! Love your dress and the backdrop is perfect.

    https://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally found you through The Dainty Squid and I'm already following you on Bloglovin cause I'm loving your style. Keep up the creativity!

    Whosthisani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing background for this amazing outfit :) I love the dress, it's definitely unique and stylish, and it suits you very well!

    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very cute dress! I love the floating collar. You chose an amazing background for your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome wall! I love those shoes too :)

    ReplyDelete