June 6, 2012

I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world. Life is plastic, it's fantastic.

This is probably one of my favorite and most worn dresses in my closet. It is a perfect summer dress and the material is so flowy and breezy. I spotted this dress on a sale rack at Urban Outfitters two winters ago for only $9.99! It is a little too big for me (I wear a medium and it's a large) but for such a low price, I would've been crazy not to get it! I also don't like wearing tight fitting clothes especially when it's hot so I am okay that it fits loosely. Since the colors are dark, it is also really easy to wear in the fall/winter with some tights and a jacket. I just love the cut of this dress  and the purple and green strip down the chest.
 You are probably wondering about the title of this post. Well, I spent yesterday evening hanging out with my mom at her house which is the house I lived in between the ages of 15-21. Pretty soon, my mom will be moving so she is in the process of packing everything up.These pictures were taken in my old bedroom which she has already emptied. Six years doesn't sound like that long to have lived somewhere but during those six years, I went through so many changes. It was kinda sad standing in my now empty bedroom that was once covered in posters and things that represented teenage me. It seems like it's been ages since I lived there but it's really only been about two years since I moved out. Being there made me reminisce about the good and bad times I had living there, about teenage angst, and about how much I've grown and changed since I was 15. 

Aaanyways, enough with the sappyness. While my mom was emptying my room, she found my little pink suitcase that houses my old barbie dolls and was thoughtful enough to keep them for me instead of giving them away or selling them in a garage sale. I was sooo happy that she kept these for me that I just had to share! I remember spending hours playing with them as a kid, dressing them up, making them "talk", and washing and combing their hair. If I ever have a little girl one day, it will be so cool to be able to hand these down to her. 

Do you have any childhood toys that you've come across as an adult?
Check out this sweet barbie flip phone! It still works too!
Outfit details:
Dress: Urban Outfitters (2 years ago)
Jacket: Wet Seal
Bag: Target
Ring: Forever21
Glasses: Coastal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment