May 3, 2012

First post!

Wow, my first blog post ever! I have been an avid blog reader (personal style and lifestyle blogs to be more specific) for about two years now so it was only natural for me to start one of my own. I'm just surprised it took me this long! I hope I stick with this whole blogging thing and be able to look back years, or even just months from now, and see how much I have changed and grown. It just so happens that my birthday is in two days so I have pictures to share that me and my boyfriend Victor took on our trip to Austin, TX. I have to work on my actual birthday so we took a short trip to Austin last weekend to celebrate the big 23! I'll be sharing more pictures from our Austin trip in another post, but for now, here are some outfit pictures we took right before having dinner at Uchiko.
 I just love the lace faux peter pan collar on this dress!
Instead of staying at an overpriced hotel, we opted for a more affordable, unique, and fun way of experiencing the city. We used this really awesome website called airbnb. Basically, people rent out their homes to accommodate your stay while you are traveling and they charge you by day. There are many options and locations to choose from and a wide price range depending on what you are looking for. We rented a one bedroom, one story house just North of downtown Austin and it cost about $150/day, but if you are looking for something smaller like an apartment, the prices are much lower. This was way better than staying in a hotel because you get a whole living space to yourself. The house we rented included an adorable fully furnished living room with a big screen t.v., kitchen with appliances, backyard, car port, one bathroom and one bedroom. It was really fun pretending I lived in a place that I definitely could never afford! This was our first time using this website and it was a very good experience. We will definitely do this again next time we travel somewhere and I highly recommend this to everyone!
Outfit details:
Dress: Thrifted from Buffalo Exchange
Shoes: Nine West thrifted from Plato's Closet
Watch: White Rebel - Swatch

No comments:

Post a Comment