October 3, 2014

Modern Calligraphy

This past Sunday, my talented friend Kristara taught a introduction to modern calligraphy class at Houston Makerspace and I came along to take pictures, learn a thing or two about modern calligraphy, and nibble on some sweets in between. Kristara has her own calligraphy business, but this was her first time teaching a class and you would never have guessed it. She's a natural at it and had everything organized and prepared ahead of time. Each student even got their own starter kit, complete with everything you need to get going, and with added bonus goodies! I would highly recommend taking one of her classes if you've ever wanted to learn calligraphy, pick up a new hobby, or are just looking for something fun for you and your girlfriends to do one day. After all, there was champagne involved. What.

A few days later, Kristara kindly invited me over for a private calligraphy lesson with her since I didn't get to practice at the actual class and now I am hooked! I'm already dreaming up ideas for greeting cards I could create and send to family and friends. Perfect timing with Christmas just around the corner! Wow, I can't believe I just mentioned Christmas. 

Photos by me
Calligraphy by Kristara
Flowers by Bramble and Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment