December 3, 2012

Life update

Warning: This post is text heavy

After a 3 month hiatus, I'm back! This semester really kicked my butt! I even had to quit my part time job back in August because school demanded so much of my time. I took my finals last week so now I am free for winter break until mid January, and only one more semester until graduation. Woo hoo!! I haven't taken any outfit pictures since summer so all I have to share are some pictures I've posted over on Instagram in the last few months. You can follow me @maricarr if you don't already. 

A lot has happened since my last post. The biggest thing that has happened was moving to a new apartment at the very beginning of October. Two days before the semester started, we were informed that our old apartment (which we loved and were really sad about leaving) was sold to a new developer who wanted to tear down our building, along with a few others, to build brand new single family homes. They said they would not extend or renew any leases. Well, our lease was up on October 1st. For us, this meant we would have find a new apartment, pack up all of our belongings, and be gone in 5 weeks. I don't know about you, but that is NOT enough time to find an apartment in your price range that you really like, and in an area you like (we wanted to stay in the same general area). So I was completely stressed out the entire month of September trying to stay on top of school work, and trying to find a new home in such a short amount of time. Luckily, we ended up finding our current apartment last minute. It's the same price as our old apartment and in the same neighborhood (our favorite part), but it is much smaller, and not as nice as our old apartment. Regardless, we have made it our home and it is actually beginning to grow on me. I'll be sure to share some peeks into our new apartment in another post soon. For now, here is a little preview of our living room. I took this picture right after we got the living room all set up.
Hmmm... what else has happened? 
In October, we got tickets to see Louis CK live. It was awesome! He is one of my favorite comedians ever, so getting to see him perform his stand-up live was just amazing! Does anyone else like Louis CK?
Halloween happened. We didn't get to dress up or go anywhere but Halloween also happens to be our anniversary. Weird huh? This year marked our 3 year anniversary. We just went out for a nice dinner at Haven then went for a nice stroll through the neighborhood while kids were out trick or treating in their cute costumes. 

In November, Victor surprised me with tickets to see Paul McCartney! It was a funny story actually. I came home from a long day of group work at school, and I still had more homework to complete that night. Victor asked me if I wanted to go on a little adventure to eat dinner at a pizza place downtown. I wasn't alarmed by this because it's normal for us to try out new places, even on week days. I said, "Okay, but let's not take all night because I have so much homework to do." Before we left, he told me to dress warm because we might have to walk a few blocks to get there. I put on my boots, a sweater, a jacket, and a scarf, and out we went. We rode the Metro rail to get there which was really neat because I had never been on it before. So, we got off and walked two blocks to get to Frank's Pizza which was delicious! I was thinking to myself "I got all bundled up to walk two blocks?" After we ate, we walked around downtown a little bit but then we started walking away from the Metro rail stop. I said, "We're going the wrong way. " Victor said, "Let's just keep walking and see where the night takes us." I still wasn't suspicious, but kinda annoyed because I had too much homework waiting for me at home that I needed to get done. So we keep walking, and I start noticing there were a lot of people walking around which is unusual for a week night in Houston. We started approaching Minute Maid Park (a huge stadium where they usually have baseball games) and I'm noticing even MORE people. I was like, "That's weird, maybe there's a game tonight?" I don't care much for sports so I didn't even know it wasn't baseball season. We get closer and closer to Minute Maid Park, and we see a loooooong line of people. I was like, "Man, these people must really like baseball!" All of a sudden, Victor turns to me and says, "By the way, we're see Paul McCartney tonight." My mouth literally dropped and I'm like, "Pssshh, what homework?!". It was one of the best nights ever! We are both huge Beatles fans so this was a mega super big surprise!! I still can't believe how completely oblivious I was until we were literally standing in front of the stadium. The last time Paul McCartney came to Houston was about 10 ten years ago, and he'll probably never come back unless he's still rockin at 80 years old. I remember I was in the 8th grade wishing I could go. The stadium had an open roof top and temperatures dropped the later it got, which explained why he wanted me to dress warmly. Here's a crappy iPhone picture I took when they had fireworks during the last song. 
Thanksgiving also came and went. We stayed here in Houston and had a super laid back day with Victor's family stuffing our faces with food. Here's a picture of me on Thanksgiving day right before we headed over to Victor's parents' house across town. I made sure to wear a loose fitting dress for my belly to expand. I edited this picture using the Afterglow app which I am loving! There are endless photo editing options!


This year has flown by and now it's time for putting up Christmas decorations and shopping for gifts! Yay!

Hope everyone has a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment